Thank you xxx

Good Evening All,

It is with great sadness I say that this will be my final blog post for the year. I can not describe how incredibly proud of students and the leaders this group has become. They have worked hard, played hard and lead hard...what more could I have asked for!

Thank you for the amazing support and care you have shown me throughout the year. The constant check-ins, the quick response to my endless requests and willingness to help in anyway has been both noted and appreciated throughout the year.

Many thanks to our parent reps for making my job easy and communicating anything that needed to be done, I am so grateful. Whilst I don't think I deserve it, I am touched to have received a very generous voucher to Blue Manna from the class and a number of thoughtful gifts from other families. I am a softie when it comes to beautiful handwritten messages and it's the heartfelt cards that are playing on my emotional heartstrings, making me a blubbering mess (I don't think the pregnancy hormones are helping with this either).


EXCURSION
We had such a wonderful excursion today, the students were a credit to themselves and behaved exceptionally well. They bounced their hearts out, shared in many laughs and had a great time relaxing and chatting with their mates. A special thanks to Mrs Rogan, Mrs Tutt, Mr and Mrs Blackburn, Mrs Fursdon & Mrs Kerr for giving up their time to share in this day with us. 

I'm sorry if we wore them out, they are definitely going to need a well-earned rest when Saturday morning rolls around. I got to capture a few photos, however it was such an action packed day...I was having too much fun and forgot to keep taking them. Here are the few that I got...











GRADUATION TOMORROW
Just a reminder that the Graduation Ceremony starts at 9am tomorrow morning in the hall, we ask that you are seated and settled 10 minutes prior to this. Each student has 3 chairs allocated for them at the front (labelled with name tags): one for themselves and 2 for parents/immediate family. There is then additional seating for additional family members and friends at the back of the hall.

Students are asked to wear their formal summer uniform for the ceremony. 

We suspect that this ceremony will run for an hour and a half. It will be followed by a morning tea out the front of the hall, organised and set up by the wonderful Year 5 parents. The graduates will join their parents and family for this morning tea. 

Throughout the ceremony there will be a celebration of the 2021 departing OLC families, this is where the parents of the families who no longer have any children attending OLC after 2021 will be asked to come to the front to receive a certificate. We just wanted to make you aware of this, so you aren't confused when this happens.


COLOUR RUN
Tomorrow the Colour Run will also take place at 2pm. As we have Graduation earlier that morning the students will need to bring in a change of clothes for the colour run, as they will be wearing their formal summer uniform in the morning. It may be a good idea to also have your child pack a towel and a reusable bag for any wet or coloured items at the end.


I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and sharing in such a momentous occasion with the 'Class of 2021'. It is going to be something special...have those tissues ready!


Thank you again for all your support this year. Wishing you and you families a safe and jolly festive season.








Mrs Ricciardone signing out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Hello from Imogen & Tilly - Week 5 Term 2