Term 3 Week 1: We Are On!

Good afternoon,

I hope this blog finds you all well, rested and ready for an incredibly busy term ahead.

Bitmoji ImageI trust that you have all seen the recent Camp email with a few reminders for tomorrow morning. I know the kids are excited and tragically so am I! I don't think I will sleep tonight. I have been having flash backs of old camps in the past, when I was jumping off skinny poles 15 metres high and hoping that age hasn't made me a chicken! My next job is to pack but I have never been the lightest of packers, so don't laugh when you see a larger suitcase tomorrow(many layers will be required to stay warm!). Please email if you have any further questions, as I will be on my emails most of today.


CONFIRMATION PREPARATION
In the coming weeks, the blog will be full of Confirmation updates as we are currently set to celebrate our Confirmation at the end of week 4. As part of the preparation we will be having a Confirmation Retreat Day, where the students will reflect on themselves and their relationship with God and those people that are important within their lives.

On the Retreat Day all students, including those who are not receiving the sacrament of Confirmation, will have an opportunity to read and reflect on a letter sent from their parents (yes, you guys!). So I thought I would give you the heads up now to begin writing, so we can have them all completed and returned to me by the END OF WEEK 3.


IMPORTANT! LETTER TO CHILD
Bitmoji ImageThis letter is often something your child will cherish and hold onto for a long time.

The length of the letter is totally up to you, however I ask that once you have completed it you put it in a sealed envelope with your child's name on the front and pass it on to me. I would like for you to keep this a secret and a complete surprise for them on their retreat day, so this may mean dropping it off to the front office or slipping it inside something else for your child to pass onto me (I am very good at secret squirrel business).


In this letter you may want to include:
- Your fondest memories of them
- What qualities you most admire about them
- How they contribute and fit within the family unit
- The attributes you are most proud of, making them a role model for others
- Highlight any of their achievements
- Your best wishes for when they receive the Holy Spirit for the first time and wishing them well for their next stage of their faith journey (only for those completing the sacrament)
- Any important advice about life or lessons in life

I hope these suggestions have helped. The most important thing is that they are from the heart!

Please can you have these returned to me by Friday 7th August (end of week 3).


TERM 3 DIARY DATES:

1. Parent & Child Confirmation Workshop - 28th July @ 5.30pm
2. Father Tony Visit - Thursday 13th August (students only)
3. Confirmation Retreat Day - Friday 14th August (students only)
4. Sacrament of Confirmation - Saturday 15th August
5. OLC Open Night (Learning Journey) - Wednesday 26th August @ 5.30pm
4. Sports Faction Carnival - Thursday 27th August
5. Pupil Free Day (Catholic Day) - Monday 31st August


Enjoy the rest of the day, I'll see most of you tomorrow.

Bitmoji Image

Mrs Ricciardone


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello from Imogen & Tilly - Week 5 Term 2

Happy Holidays!

Thank you xxx