Week 8 Term 1

hugsGood afternoon,

I hope you and the family are all safe and well, finding the positives during this tricky time. The weather is definitely turning it on for us this week, I can already feel the need for some outdoor learning!


I want to take this opportunity to thank those who have sent me words of thanks and praise, we really  are just trying to keep things as normal as possible for the kids, whilst keeping them as safe as we can. I will continue to support those at home and those at school the very best I can. We have implemented a few additional hygiene practices in class to ensure we minimise the spread of germs.


A big congratulations to Zali who received our Merit Award last week. She is such a motivated learner who exudes so much passion for learning.

I also want to congratulate Lochie on receiving the Runner Up MVP award for the Busselton Blazers over the weekend. So many champions in our class, well done guys!



WEEK 8 REMINDERS

Home Learning
I have set up a Learning Grid for the week and sent it out to the parents who have notified me of their child being absent. I have attached the resources to the email, as well as uploaded them to OneNote under their folders. However, please be patient with OneNote, as it has been having troubles syncing quickly. Where possible I ask that you can mark your child's work with them to provide instant feedback as to how they went with the task.
Bitmoji Image
I would also like to stay connected with those who are at home, as it feels a little lonely here without all the crew. So I am asking that the students can email photos of things they are doing at home, I know their peers would love to see it. I would also like to use the skype/chat function on Teams to stay connected. If your child has a question or wants to check in and share what they are doing with their peers, please email me and we can setup a time in class to check in. It might be a little fun and keep things positive among the kids!

Online Absentees
It is important that if you are keeping your child home that you complete an online absentee form for the days/weeks you intend on them being away. As a school we need to keep up to date with this paper work, as it is constantly being checked by Catholic Education. Please use the link below:


PIZZA Day!
Bitmoji ImageAs way of celebrating our success to grow healthy basil plants and to finalise our investigation, we are going to make pizza's on Thursday during the middle session before lunch. Tomorrow we will vote on the pizza toppings we would like to use (basil included) and then I will buy and supply the ingredients. I will ensure strict hygiene will take place during this time: washing of hands, using gloves and utensils when handling food and make their own small pizzas. Depending on how much your child eats, they may want to bring a little snack to have at lunch as well. 
Any excuse to make pizza, will do for me!



WEEK 8 HOMEWORK

1. Home Learning Grid 
     - Spelling (2 written activities and 2 Sound Waves games)
     - Reading - 20 minutes each night
     - A weekly choice of 3 other activities

2. Science Presentations - Basil Investigation 
     Due Thursday 2nd April

3. Pizza Day
     Due Thursday 26th March



I miss having the all the kids very much. I hope to see them in a pic or on Teams sometime soon.

Bitmoji Image
Mrs Ricciardone & Mrs Martin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Thank you xxx

Hello from Imogen & Tilly - Week 5 Term 2